cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Pattern Help

williams.jeff
Level 1
Level 1

I need to be able to dial a 'speed dial' number and translate it to it's full NANP number and have the call processed according to the CSS of the calling number.

I thought I should be able to use a translation rule, but unless I specify a CSS it doesn't go anywhere. I have the pattern 8900.XXXX, discard pre-dot, prefix 91234567. Shouldn't that just manipulate the digits to be 91234567XXXX and keep going?

If the answer is that I need to create a 'speed dial' partition and CSS, has anyone used the 3rd party BAT-like tool for mass manipulation of CSS? I looked at it a while ago, but can't remember what it's called.

TIA,

Jeff

2 Replies 2

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The translation pattern uses it's own CSS to route the call.

I want to sap Spanlink or Berbee make a tool for this. YOu have to be cautious and you can endup with routing is VERY difficult to reoubleshoot.

Mike

Yeah, a translation need to be in a partition and have a target partition. If it's in it can be accessed by anyone, and it it has CSS then it will translate only to route entries in the partition...

So to maintain your CSS setup you'd have to enter lots of patterns.

For some reason translation patterns don't appear in the CCM logs so it makes tracing what's happening to calls very difficult...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!