translation rule help

kbrown
Level 1
Level 1

All -

I'm really struggling with one particular translation rule; in particular:

translation-rule 10

rule 1 /(..........\)/ /1\1#/

The goal is that when the system is presented with 10 digits, it will pre-prend a 1 (force long distance) and append the # to complete the call.

The # is required to end the digit string on two of my dial peers. If I don't include the # the system will continue to wait for more digits for a long, long time.

I'm concerned that the system isn't adding the #, but simply interpreting it as a wildcard...

Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

johncaston_2
Level 1
Level 1

Can't help you too much with the translation rule but if you want to reduce the time it waits, reduce the inter-digit timeout, which defaults to 15 seconds in CCM. I reduced mine to 5 seconds and users haven't complained - at least that way you can avoid having to worry about the #

Thanks for the response.

In this case it's not a matter of the interdigit timeout. I have a CME system that has a pair of FXO ports tied to a GlobalStar sat phone (GSP-2900). The sat phone expects a trailing # to be sent at the end of the dialed digit string.

Because we have other FXO ports on the system that do not require this - and I want the user experience to be consistent regardless of which port is available... I need to translate the digits only when they are going outbound on the two sat phone ports.

Maybe that will help others understand the quandry.