Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 Power Off Procedure Question

logan55
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We're planning for a power down of our servers for some power maintenance to the building. I wanted to see if the procedure I'm planning on using is correct.

We've got a UCS C220 server running call manager (pub and sub1 - sub 2 is hosted on DR server), Unity (pub - sub is hosted on DR server), UCCX, and a Windows VM for call recording.

My plan is to ssh to each of the vm's and run the utils system shutdown command. For call manager, I was planning on doing sub 1, then pub). I'll remote desktop into the call recording windows server to power that down.

Once all are powered down, I'll shutdown the esxi host.

Then from CIMC gui, I'll power down the server. Can anyone advise if I should use the Power down vs Power off?

In CIMC gui, the power restore policy is set to Power On. My understanding is that will power up the esxi host once the server is powered up again.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

If you press shutdown  from VMware, the server will be turned OFF and from CIMC you  will have only option to power ON  the server.

if the powers policy is set for “power on” VMware will be turned on once the power is restored.

But the vm’s will start only if auto start is enabled for the vm’s. If not you must power on each VM’s

Response Signature