Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(1) + Intermittantly doesnt recognize mailbox

gcobby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer with a Unity 4.0(1) standalone voicemail.

Every now and then when they hit the voicemail button on the IP phone they get the please enter your ID. This may happen 1 in 5 calls.

Has anyone seen this before.

Is there a tool that can monitor to see if the extension number is being passed from Callmanager correctly?

This issue only occured today after a reboot of the Unity server last night. I will thinking of getting the customer to reboot the Callmanagers tonight just in case that is where the issue is.

Thanks

Glen

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The call viewer found in the tools depot on your desktop will show what we're getting from the switch on an inbound call - dimes to dollars you'll see the calling number is missing or wrong on the calls that fail.

The customer tried running the Call Viewer and receieved the following error

failed to get abiter component

I dont suppose this is normal? As I cannot find any reference to it on the forum.

The Callmanagers are due to be rebooted this PM so hopefully this resolves any issues if there is a problem with the TAPI service.

Thanks

Glen

The only time I've seen that was when there was some kind of memory corruption on the unity box. You'll likely need to restart Unity at the least (I'd recommend rebooting). Usually when this kind of thing happens sometimes Unity won't answer, you'll often get tons of error messages in the event viewer logs, etc.