cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express: skills based routing and DDIs

John Sutch
Level 1
Level 1

My customer needs to control approximately 60 DDI numbers via IPCC Express Enhanced 3.1(2). Each agent is associated with a specific DDI number. Each call needs to route to the agent associated with that number, if the agent is available, otherwise it goes to a group of agents. I have set this up using skills based routing, but it means that I have 60 skills defined already, and the system wide limit is 100. Is there a better way of handling this requirement, until the customer is able to reduce the reliance on the DDI numbers?

4 Replies 4

aslam
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am not sure how you have implemented this, but if you are able to map DID to Agent, then why dont you just try to use a REDIRECT step to the specific Agent and on the BUSY, INVALID, UNSUCCESSFUL steps send it to a general queue. That way you dont need to create so many queues. And the call will be delivered to the agent if he is available and if he is not, then the call will get queued to the general queue.

HTH

Aslam.

Thanks for the reply. The problem with using a REDIRECT step is that it doesn't check IPCC agent availability status - it always tries to ring the phone even if the agent is in NOT READY state.

sthallik
Level 1
Level 1

Using the GetReporting statistics step to get the agent state. if the agent state is available,redirect to him , otherwise send it to the queue.

Thanks, that should help a lot.