cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x question

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

Hope this is the right place. I have a need to create a caller input menu that has a couple of menu options that just plays informational messages (then hangs up). I am not sure how this is done. I know i can transfer to subscribers, or interview handlers, but I dont think thats going to work.

any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Don,

You should be able to set up a Standard Subscriber mailbox and then just tweak the After Greeting Setting to Goodbye or Hang up;

After Greeting

Indicate the action that Cisco Unity performs after the greeting plays:

Take Message - Cisco Unity records a message from the caller. Click the Take Message link to view the Messages page.

**Say Good-Bye - Cisco Unity plays a brief good-bye, and the call is disconnected. Click the Say Good-Bye link to view the Good-Bye call handler.

Send Caller To - Cisco Unity sends the call to the destination that you select:

Call Handler - Sends the call to the call handler that you select.

Directory Handler - Sends the call to directory assistance.

Greetings Administrator - Sends the call to a conversation for changing call handler greetings over the phone.

**Hang Up - Disconnects the call. Use carefully; unexpected hang-ups can appear rude to callers.

Interview Handler - Sends the call to the interview handler that you select.

Sign-In - Sends the call to the subscriber logon conversation.

Subscriber - Sends the call to the subscriber that you select.

Hope this helps!

Rob

So, in order to have the option to just play a message, will need to create a new voicemail subscriber? is there no 2nd choice? For this particular application, i already have 3 voicemail subscribers, a call handler and a interview handler. Thanks for the info, tho.

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

To add to Rob's Notes, I'd recommend using a Call Handler instead of using CallHandler instead of Subscriber and rest would be the same as Rob as mentioned.

Hope this helps

Hi Don/Mahesh

Sorry guys ....my reference was only to "how to setup an "Informational Mailbox" that does not take any messages. When you press a Key for different menu choices (from a Call Handler) this has to route to either a Subscriber, Directory Handler,Interview Handler or another Call Handler. Perhaps I misunderstood the question (not the first time :)

Take care,

Rob