cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Caller Input setting question

MattNicholls_2
Level 1
Level 1

I stepped into a company that has a Unity server in place, I have been cleaning up settings as I go. I have come across an odd occurence that I don't know why the developer of this system would have left the settings this way. An authorized reseller configured this equipment as far as I know. The odd thing is that on all of the call handlers -> caller input map actions that are not assigned to move the call along all are listed as 'Say Goodbye' rather then ignore key. Is there a reason for this? If we want to allow callers to be able to input an extension do we need to have the action set to say goodbye or can it be ignore key or does it even make a difference as long as the first check box is selected with a wait time for additional seconds.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Let's say it is the main greeting.

"Thank you for call company xyz. If you know your parties 4 digit extension, you press it now"

If your extension range was 5xxx, then you would want to ignore the 5 key and wait for more digits. You could not use the 5 key as an option, because then dialing by extension will not work.

Goodbye is a little harsh if someone inputs the wrong key. Sometimes, people leave it as ignore or replay the main greeting... or another call handler saying "you have pressed in an invalid key" and that CH returns to the main.

Thanks for the example.