cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express Message Button??

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

Does any one know if this is as designed?

When I hit the messages button on my Unity Express / CCMe system it prompts for User ID (phone extension ) and password. On my CCM and Unity system Unity received the phone extension and just asked for the password. Am I missing something or is this just how Unity Express is designed?

Also any one know if you can change the minimum number of digits required for a Voice mail pin on Unity express?

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I believe, version 2.0 CUE also works the same way as far as minimum number of digits for PIN. The PIN should be atleast 3 digits. Check this link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802c1397.html

Regarding the messages button, i think thats the way CUE has been designed, but i think there should be a way to probably change the behaviour.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Im wondering if you can up the number from 3 to say 5 or 6

I doubt if there is a system wide parameter to set that to 5 or 6. What you could do, is use the following command to create users with preset pin numbers which are 5 or 6 digits long and then enforce a policy (instruct them) to change it (the system will ask them to change it when they log in the first time) to a 5 or 6 digit pin.

username mpayne pin 44444

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

belz-e
Level 1
Level 1

check your "dialplan-pattern" command under telephony-service and make sure your e.164 matches the "username xxxx phonenumberE164 "xxxxxxxxxx"" on the CUE. CUE should not prompt for UserID if properly configured.

Erik

Thanks that was the problem.