cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express Where have i gone wrong?

c.goona
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a NM-CUE into a 2651XM, configured as per cisco documentation but cant ping the service engine from the router. I have attached my confg plus all relevant show commands. Does it matter which ethernet interface you use?

5 Replies 5

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Config is good and interface should not matter.

1. Is fa0/1 interface status UP/UP?

2. "service-module service-engine 1/0 reset" does it help.

3. "service-module service-engine 1/0 session" can you session into the CUE module?

Hi

fa0/1 shows as FastEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is down. i tried a shut, and no shut but it didnt come up.

the service-engine 1/0 reset, reset the service engine ok but didnt chang the status of fa0/1.

and of course the session didnt work.

Regards

Colin Goona

Is the fa0/1 connected to a switch? If so, check why the interface has line protocol down. Without bringing this up, I donot think you can ping the CUE.

If you are not using the fa0/1, then use ip unnumbered command on interface service-engine 1/0 to point to an interface that is being used actively and is UP.

Hi

I will get someone in the office to plug the fa0/1 into a switch. Problem is the only guy i trust to do this is not back until tomorrow. Will let you know how i get on.

Thanks for your help

colin

Hi

You were right, as soon as the interface is up it can be pinged. The cisco config examples all show a second ethernet iterface being used instead of the ccme interface so i natrualy followed their examples (the 2651XM is supplied with two interfaces). To get it working i simply used the interface i was already using for my voice network. This is my first Unity Express so i am learning the hard way.

Thanks for your help

colin