cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity message notification

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured message notification in Unity to call a users cell phone and prompt them to enter their user ID and password. Once they do this, they can check their voice mails. The problem is the system isn't accepting any key input when it prompts the user to enter their user ID. It just disconnects the call. What is causing this?

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Chris,

You need the command "dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric" on the incoming dial peer on the gateway that Unity is using for the outbound call. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094607.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

Can you tell me how you configured the Unity to prompt the mobile user to enter the user ID and password? I set up the message notification last week, from the Unity port status report, I can see that the Unity was calling the mobile number, but my mobile phone got nothing.

Thanks for any input.

I use translation patterns. It is a little more time consuming to setup but it is a little bit more secure then modifying unity call routing rules. If you screw hose up you could be a candidate for toll bypass fraud.