cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Public Distribution List Error (email address does not exist).

ROBERT WYKOFF
Level 1
Level 1

I have created an Public distribution list and added some users to the list. Now when I try to send to the list I get the following error.

Sorry the recipients email address does not exist.

Other distribution list work on teh system.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not quite sure what you're doing here... you're sending a message from the Unity phone conversation and having a problem or this is from the desktop? Not sure if this is a Unity specific question you have here or if you're just generally having a problem with your distribution lists in AD/Exchange.

Be sure to tell us what your Unity version is, what version of Exchange this is and provide enough details for us - based on this description here there's not much to go on...

The problem is in unity 4.0. I have created a public distribition list name unity test distribution. Then when creating a new message in voice mail and selecting the Distribution list, I get the error listed above. We are running exchange 2000. Thanks in advance

did you create the DL using the Unity SA? If not, did you import the DL in the SA? We need to know about the DL and "stamp" it as a Unity capable DL.

I assume then you're spelling the name of the DL and not finding a match - you're not getting the error message exactly as you stated in the first message (there is no such message in or conversation). If so, it sounds like you've created a DL in AD and didn't import it into Unity such that we know it's one we're allowed to address to. If not, let me know in more detail what you're hearing over the phone and check the application event log for errors/warnings.

I believe the problem to be solved. Here is what I found. When you create an Public Distribution list in Unity, the list is created in exchange, but no email address is created for it. You must go to the exchange server and create the SMTP email for the list. This solved the issue

Unity isn't responsible for creating email addresses - that's done externally (i.e. the RUS service takes care of that for subscribers when you create them) - it should happen automatically (I just tried this on both my 2000 and 2003 servers and it works fine) - sounds like maybe you have another issue at play here.