cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity TUI announce Caller ID of external callers?

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can Unity be configured so that it will "say the numbers" of the caller's number who left a message? I noticed by looking at voice messages through email access that the calling party number is recorded but I would like to hear it through the TUI when listening to messages.<br><br>I know that Unity will play the spoken name if the caller is a subscriber on the system (and maybe from a networked Unity server) but this is for external callers.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Dave<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Currently Unity is hard coded to indicate all unidentified messages (i.e. all messages not from known subscribers) are "outside callers". There is no option to play the caller ID at this point.

It'd be cool if this were an option tucked under the "play envelope" option. I'm not sure I'd want to hear it for all messages since it'll take a while to read 10 digits out one digit at a time which could get annoying in a hurry... but it would be handy to have an option to get to it (if present) via the TUI. I'll forward this to the conversation UI folks.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, I agree this could be annoying to some users, but it would be a nice feature to have that can be configured on a per subscriber basis, and nice to have on a per class of service basis as well.