cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unlocked MeetMe availability

MikeM-2468
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting mixed information about Unlocked Meetme.  Through my own  browsing, it appears only to be a function within CUCME.  I just talked  with a Cisco customer service rep who insisted that it was supported in  CUCM but she couldn't point me to any documentation.  Can anyone  confirm?

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That would be mapping an external number to conference I guess ?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

exactly what do you mean with "unlocked" MeetMe??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike/Paolo/Java,

Mike is referring to this new CME feature

Unlocked MeetMe Conference

Cisco Unified CME 8.0 adds support for Unlocked MeetMe Conference. When you unlock MeetMe conference bridge in Cisco Unified CME, the user can initiate a MeetMe conference without pressing the MeetMe soft key, which would allow the external callers to initiate a MeetMe conference.

Note In order to configure an unlocked MeetMe conference, all ephone-dn tags associated with the same number should have unlocked option configured. If some of the ephone-dn tags do not have unlocked option configured, unlocked MeetMe conference may not work properly.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/feature/guide/Cisco_Unified_IPPhones_69xx_Series.html#wp1072892

Mike....this is not available in any current CUCM release. That's probably why the rep couldn't point out any references.

Cheers!

Rob

Am I correct in my assumption that CUCME is a lower end version of CUCM?  Seems to me that the feature would be in the higher end version.

Hi Mike,

Two different worlds my friend

CUCME - IOS/Router based

CUCM - Linux appliance/server based

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks.

So what are people doing who need to be able to initiate conference calls from outside the office?  This was a feature in our old Avaya system that users are quite upset about not having in the new system.

In CUCM there is no workaround to initiate a MeetMe.

Someone with an IP Phone registered to CUCM needs to press MeetMe and dial the DN.

Either you have someone do this for you or you use an IPC and VPN to do it yourself.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I think you can do a mini-CME configuration just to enable this.

I also writing a meet-me conference manager, in TCL/IVR.

Can you point me to some docs on creating a mini-CME?  I'm not familiar with it and how it could work.  If there's a solution that I can implement in what I already have, I'll explore it.

There are really no docs about it, it would be an ad-hoc solution, better implemented by a reputable consultant or engineer.