cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unusual Request

isteam
Level 1
Level 1

I just got an unusual request from the VP of Information Technnology asking if ther is any way to forward an extension to a cell phone (I know how to do that), but also have the extension receive the call as well.  We are using CUM version 6.1.3.2000-1 which we are upgrading to the newest version this fall.

I've done some quck research, but have not found any concrete answers.

Can CUM 6x forward a call to 2 numbers?  This would be with the current system we have, and I will not spend any $$ for 3rd party software.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not uncommon at all, it's a very widely used feature

Mobile Connect and Mobile Voice Access  (Revised 10/24/2011)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html

Features and Benefits

Mobile Connect and Mobile Voice Access enable flexible management of  enterprise and cellular telephone communications and provide these  features and benefits:

Simultaneous desktop ringing—Incoming  calls ring simultaneously on the IP phone extension and the designated  mobile handset.When the user answers one line, the unanswered line  automatically stops ringing. Users can choose the preferred device each  time a call comes in.

Newer versions have more features related to mobility, if you want to know about the version you're going just review the same document but for the version you're interested in.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not uncommon at all, it's a very widely used feature

Mobile Connect and Mobile Voice Access  (Revised 10/24/2011)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html

Features and Benefits

Mobile Connect and Mobile Voice Access enable flexible management of  enterprise and cellular telephone communications and provide these  features and benefits:

Simultaneous desktop ringing—Incoming  calls ring simultaneously on the IP phone extension and the designated  mobile handset.When the user answers one line, the unanswered line  automatically stops ringing. Users can choose the preferred device each  time a call comes in.

Newer versions have more features related to mobility, if you want to know about the version you're going just review the same document but for the version you're interested in.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, that was what I was looking for..... thanks.

Now, if I can get the VP to push it off until next fiscal year, when call manager gets upgraded.

If you're using H.323, you can use my script "blast calls" from www.ciscoscripts.com to fork calls to as many destination you want.