cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UOne

andy.chapman
Level 1
Level 1

I bet you didn't expect to see a post about this!!

Here is the story...I have been tasked with configuring UOne to a CCM running 3.1.3a. Now, I have managed to get all four digit extensions in one partiton (and site) up and running (don't ask me how because I have never done this before). What I need to know is this, how would I get users from another site and partition using three digit extensions working off of the same server?

CCM and UOne are in one partition and location, the users that I have managed to get working are in a different location. Would I have to create another dial-map.ini??

Help!!

Thanks, in advance

Andy

2 Replies 2

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Andy,

If you use a 3 digit dial plan, you will run into issue. The main problem with 3 digit dial plans is that distribution lists are also 3 digits. There is a high probability of overlap between extensions and distribution lists. Unfortunately the distribution lists can not be changed from 3 digits.

So for this reason, we do/did not support 3 digit dialing.

We do/did support variable length dialing by adding new sections into the dialmap.ini. But to make this work, the DN's would need to be exclusive and non-overlapping. If this condition was met, then you could add an new Calling/Called section and convert the number using regular expessions to and from 10 digit extensions for proper routing.

There will only be one dialmap.ini file on your server ever, so if you created a new one, it would never be read from the system.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Cisco Systems

Thanks for your help - it is much appreciated!

Regards

Andy