Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT HELP --- CallManager and Non-Cisco H323 gateway

chetona
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have deployed Cisco CallManager 4.1.2. It is currently working for all our IP Phone. Now we are trying to peer with a telecom provider who will provide us A to Z long distance termination service. They use a product call SoftSwitch.

I need this SoftSwitch IP as a H323 device in CallManager and notice that is registered. I configure neccessary route plan, and pattern and make a test phone call. I see the call reached the SoftSwitch (when I monitor it) but it gets disconnected. It never connects the call. When I check the log in the softswitch I see ISDN Q931 DISCONNECT CODE 47.

Anyway idea why this problem is occuring and how to setup CallManager for Non-Cisco h323 gateway?

both side use Codec G.723

Faisal

3 Replies 3

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Not sure, but maybe try a inter cluster trunk instead also. There may be some h225 (h323) compatibility issues also perhaps or special things needed. I would call the softswitch vendor and see if they have any notes on communicating to it with cisco call manager.

Reason 47 indicates resource unavailable, seems like problem on the softswitch side. Make sure the dial-peer/route configuration is correct, find out if the softswitch expect prefix. Who is responsible for configuring the routing on the softswitch side? Also, how about inbound calls, do they work?

Can you post the h323 call setup events from CallManager CCMtrace files?

Chris

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

I have seen Disconnect Code 47 when there is a codec missmatch and we dont have access to a Transcoder, Most of the times when we use non-Cisco H323 GW we need a MTP.

Does the MTP box is check under GW config in CCMAdmin?

Do you have a transcoder?