cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vg248 off hook line appearance

kc4ixi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with multiple VG248's. This is a strange install as they have two line phones that have one rj11 using the two inner pair for one line and the two outer pair for the other line. Each line comes from a different VG248. Several of the lines show up as Off Hook on the VG248's and when the receiver is picked up there is no dial tone. Also several of the phones have an issue that when you press the line one button it activates both lines. The vendor of the phones states that this is not a known issue with the phones. I really want to find out about the line appearance problem the most, and have found a bug in the 1.3.1 software so I backed up one version and still have the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh, I have also checked the disconnect supervision and set it as recommended in other forum posts.

Thanks,

Robert

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

I think what you should do is this:

1. Take one of the non-working phones and unplug the line cord from the base of the phone.

2. Take this phone to one of the working phone locations and plug it in using the line cord of the working phones.

3. Take the working phone to the location of the non-working phone and plug it in using the line cord from the non-working phone.

4. Determine if the problem follows the phone, or if the problem is associated with the line cord/Jack/Wiring of the specific location.

I think that the most likely problem will be the found in either the line cord,Jack or Wiring. I have even seen problems in the RJ 21 that connects to the VG248.I have not seen problems like you have described with the VG (we are curently using 10 VG's running 1.3.1 in our IPT setup).

Hope this helps! Let us know how you make out.

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts......