Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

video conferencing software tool

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations on what software tools I can use to troubleshoot video conference issues. A software that can determine the cause of audio and video issues, if the bandwidth we have can support a stable video conference, and possibly shows the test result of an actual  video conference call.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carlo,

if you have a telepresence infrastructure then TMS can provide you various reporting options. Please check page 232-242 of the TMS admin guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco-TMS-Admin-Guide-14-6.pdf

HTH

Manish

Manish,

We don't use a telepresence infrastructure, we use web based video conferencing solution from Zoom. Actually, I spoke with Zoom's engineer and they will check on their end but I want to have other options tools wise if the troubleshooting of the vendor doesn't go anywhere. 

Thanks

Wireshark is a great tool you can use to see the traffic flows and can help with troubleshooting standards based SIP or H.323 commications.

It's not a simple intuitive solution, and will take some customisation and configuration to collect the data you're after - but monitoring it all on a packet level, it's certainly the most in-depth solution.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,

Wireshark will be a completely new avenue for me. I can set a packet capture and upload it. But if you don't mind providing the step-by-step customization and configuration that you are referring on Wireshark.

Thanks.

Wireshark is a very complex tool, so is too hard to give you specific step-by-step instuctions (as they will change depend on what you are trying to see) in a simple forum post.

I suggest you start with the Wireshark User Guide and having a look at the VoIP section in particular.

There's a quick and nasty guide over on How-To-Geek on capturing packets.

Note: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Other Collaboration section you've posted in - I'd suggest, if the above hasn't answered your query, that you move your discussion over there.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.