cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail Users / License

mgvogt11
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 3.0(4). I have only a 50 user license. What is the part number to upgrade this 150 user license. I have the USB key with the SN # on it. I have found no documentation on how to upgrade this license. I see plenty of info for Unity 3.1 and 4.X but nothing for 3.0(4).

Could anyone help out with this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

craulers
Level 1
Level 1

You can use Unity 3.1 part numbers for Unity 3.0 systems since Unity 3.1 was considered a minor release. Due to a licensing defect, all Unity 3.0 licenses are automatically switched to Unity 3.1 when any licensing changes are made to that unity 3.0 licenses. You can continue to run as Unity 3.0(4) with the 3.1 license so no system changes/upgrades are required. Just follow the License upgrade process once you receive the new license. Now for the part numbers--you didn't state whether it is VM or UM so I listed VM and put UM in parentheses.

UNITY-LIC-UPG-31 QUANTITY 1 for ONE system to be upgraded *** this is a common error ***

UNITYVM31-4TO8--4 more ports/50 more users quantity 1 (UM: UNITYUM31-4TO8)

UNITY-VM8-USR--additional user at 8 ports system size quantity 50 (UM: UNITY-UM8-USR)

Those part numbers take you from 4 ports/50 users to 8 ports/150 users which is a standard upgrade configuration. By just running the license upgrade process, you remain at Unity 3.0(4)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

craulers
Level 1
Level 1

You can use Unity 3.1 part numbers for Unity 3.0 systems since Unity 3.1 was considered a minor release. Due to a licensing defect, all Unity 3.0 licenses are automatically switched to Unity 3.1 when any licensing changes are made to that unity 3.0 licenses. You can continue to run as Unity 3.0(4) with the 3.1 license so no system changes/upgrades are required. Just follow the License upgrade process once you receive the new license. Now for the part numbers--you didn't state whether it is VM or UM so I listed VM and put UM in parentheses.

UNITY-LIC-UPG-31 QUANTITY 1 for ONE system to be upgraded *** this is a common error ***

UNITYVM31-4TO8--4 more ports/50 more users quantity 1 (UM: UNITYUM31-4TO8)

UNITY-VM8-USR--additional user at 8 ports system size quantity 50 (UM: UNITY-UM8-USR)

Those part numbers take you from 4 ports/50 users to 8 ports/150 users which is a standard upgrade configuration. By just running the license upgrade process, you remain at Unity 3.0(4)