cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP Configuration

nmgopi
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of implementing VoIP in my 512Kbps leased line between two of my offices. I need 12 Concurrent Voice sessions shoud be there between these two offices. If i select 2 Slot voice network module add 2 Voice e/m - Connecting to PABX -in each slot, so i will be getting 4ports.

I dont want to use three slots like this to achieve my 12 Concurrent voice session. Which module will be the best one for this configuration...Please Suggest..

6 Replies 6

yraps
Level 1
Level 1

It is all depend on your PBX,

The best option is if your PBX can supoprt T1 or E1 PRI.

Then I would suggest you to buy the T1/E1 module with DSP module to support 12 channels.

U want me to upgrade this 512Kbps to T1/E1...Can you please through some bright light on this..

I think the previous poster is suggesting that you use a T1 tie-line between your gateway and your PBX. This will give you about 24 talk paths between the two, depending on the configuration. However, this is pretty expensive.

If you are trying to conserve slots, both the e/m modules and the T1 module require voice resources (i.e. NM-2V) which take up an entire slot in a 2600 or 3600. What gateway are you using and what does it currently have loaded in it?

-Tim

Thanks for your reply, I have 2621

WAN Slot 0 2Serial(Async/Sync)

WAN Slot 1 ISDN BRI

Slot 1 2Slot Voice Network Module

VIC Slot 0 2 Voice E/M

VIC Slot 1 2 Voice E/M

In this configuration i am getting only 4 Voice, if i upgrade this to 3600 I will get 12 Voice ports but i should give 3 Slots for Voice connection. Can you please suggest better solution than this 3600 solution.

If i install T1 tie-line between my gateway and my PBX. Is't possible to have 24 Talk paths - 24 Numbers -??

Thanks in advance...

Well, this doesn't meet your 12 line requirement, but it is a higher density module. Check out this link:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/hw_inst/nm_inst/nm-doc/connhda.htm

It is called a "High-Density Analog Telephony Network Module". I am sorry, but I do not have a part number.

Matthew

Using a PRI connection (like the NM-HDV-1T1-24 module) will give you 24 lines between your PBX and the 2600 Gateway. However, this is a pretty expensive solution. The NM-HDV is about 7K and then you have to buy the PRI card for your PBX. I'm getting ready to do this for a customer who has a Nortel PBX (wish me luck).

Remember, the NM-HDV module will take the entire expansion slot in your 2600, leaving you no room for additional analog ports. But, you can get a VG200 for about $700, buy a NM-2V and add some FXO ports if you need them.

Not the cheapest way to go, but it works and lets you slowly move away from the PBX world.

Timothy Davidson

Special Order Systems