Views
Helpful
Replies

Voip phone on remote location

fvalade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have an issue with our remote users setup. We have two remote users with a Cisco 807 and a 7940. They connect to the office call manager (CCM4.0) trough a IPSEC tunnel. They can't talk together because the routing his not enabled. Do we have any option to route the media in the call manager because I don't want to establish another layer like GRE only to allow these remote users to call each other. The signaling his working fine but no voice work. They could reach everybody in the local office.

Regards,

Fred

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no way for Call Manager to do this on its own. As far as the network is concerned a voice packet is basically the same as a data packet. If your data won't move from site to site neither wil packetized voice.

Routing for 20 people from 3 different locations will really not be a mess. Pretty simple actually with less than 5 route statements.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Fred,

You are going to need to do some inside routing. If I understand your site correctly then packets from one remote site don't know how to get to the other site with it being on a different subnet. You just need to thow an inside router in there that tells packets how to get to the remote site and back again. You can confirm this easily enough with a png test.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply. I know I could make it work by enabling the routing but I want to see if the Call Manager could route rtp packet like it do with signaling. Its better for me to keep the routing simple because it could be a mess if I connect 20 users on remote location and 3 office all of this using VPN tunnel termination in a PIX firewall.

thanks

Fred

There is no way for Call Manager to do this on its own. As far as the network is concerned a voice packet is basically the same as a data packet. If your data won't move from site to site neither wil packetized voice.

Routing for 20 people from 3 different locations will really not be a mess. Pretty simple actually with less than 5 route statements.

Hope this helps.

Its 20 persons in 20 locations. We have a softswitch that do media routing and I was looking for same feature in CCM. Thanks for your answer.