cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP WAN mobility design

kimsol2005
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a large multinational company prsently in the initial rollout of VoIP.

Locally call manager setup and clustering is good in terms of both quality and reliability. However as most of the staff are highly mobile between locations things get complicated. Presently our infrastructure is based on Ericsson MD110 system, and when people change locations they have new extension in every location.

My question is as design question is as follows. Is it possible to configure callmanagers (one in each location) in such a way that that they replicate over the WAN enabling mobility across multiple sites, so that a user would be able to use the same extension in all locations?

finally I should mention that all sites are connected with a satelite connection and have a latency of about 550ms.

anyone have any good ideas as whether this is possible, and if possible what would be the best way to achieve this goal.

best regards

kim

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely, take a look at the Extension Mobility feature of CallManager.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_2/sys_ad/4_2_3/ccmfeat/fsem.htm

HTH,

Chris