Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Audio Conferencing for CMS

Khalidsg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
We are finalizing CMS 3.0 implementation. We are looking to use WebEx audio conferencing numbers to allow the participant to join CMS meetings where the call will be routed as sip call through expressway.

I read about Cisco Webex Meetings Audio and WebEx Edge Audio, but I’m not sure if it can integrate with CMS.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Webex Edge audio is meant for your CUCM calls to go TO Webex over expressways and if configured, to be used to receive callback FROM Webex using expressways, so no, this is not meant for CMS access from outside parties. "Webex Meeting Audio" means really nothing, it's not a product nor a particular configuration, if anything, it's just a reference to the audio portion of a Webex Meeting.

There is no integration between Webex and CMS at the time, otherwise, you would have found it in any of the CMS documentation for installation/configuration or it would have been mentioned in the documentation you reviewed for Webex Edge Audio.

People can use your expressways to call into CMS, but that would be a B2B call, not Webex Edge Audio.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ryandowdy
Level 4
Level 4

Jamie is correct, of course. However, you can use CMS hardware for Video Mesh (and Edge). See this post for some ideas about that: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/migration-to-cms-and-webex-video-mesh/td-p/3521375

Here is a handy overview of the edge services https://blogs.cisco.com/collaboration/introducing-cisco-webex-edge.

I still get a little confused about the terminology, but it seems that "Video Mesh" and "Webex Edge Video" can be used interchangeably.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: