cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the nonpaged pool of memory on a CM?

Every now and then the Event Logs get an error that says running out of "non paged pool" memory. Recently, a publisher hung and the first error in he sys log was the following. Does anyone know exactly what this is? (meaning a comprehensible explanation, not the one on Microsoft's website) Where do you look when this is being depleted? Any info will be helpful. Thanks. CM ver 3.3.3, no SRs.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Srv

Event Category: None

Event ID: 2019

Date: 1/3/2005

Time: 10:02:13 AM

User: N/A

Computer: NROCLSTR2P

Description:

The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty.

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe the non-paged memory pool is basically an amount of memory that is set aside that cannot be dumped out to the pagefile - that is, it is always actually in RAM.

Most references I've seen to this event seem to refer to applications with memory leaks and so on - do you have any non-standard software on your server?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

No, I just have CallManager on the server. Everything I've seen has referred to memory leaks also. I haven't seen anything on what to do about it.

Do you run any AV software on your servers? It could be some piece of malware on your system, or I've seen some references to Symantec AV products causing this errors..

Failing that I suppose the other courses of action would be putting on the latest OS Upgrade/SRs and CallManager SRs.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Tony ,

I had the same problem on a non Cisco CallManager server. Let me know if that is a non Cisco CM .

jim koniecki

jk5481@sbc.com

Jim,

It's a Cisco CallManager. I haven't seen this on any other server. But, several of the Cisco CM servers have this. I'm just trying to get a handle on it.

Tony