cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What really goes on with jabber under the tin?

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

Well I just want to understand jabber a little bit better than I know right now. for instance, what is the jabber boot process?    Like, how does the  CCMCIP service that is configured on IM and Presence server become sudenly served to the jabber client via cucm tftp?  I mean like we know that the Synch service between cucm and IM and presence server is one-way so how does the presence server tell phone where to go to . What is signalling message flow.

Where can i find flow diagrams and  documentation to read on the signaling traces that occurs during:

1) boot up of jabber

2) contact search of jabber

3) Conferencing

Any asssitance would be much apprecaiated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe theres any set of docs that provide what you want, I'm assuming you're talking about J4W as there are many, many jabber flavors, and you need to specify which one you're asking about.

There's some info about protocols used for each part in the jabber install and configure guide.

I don't think we have any flow diagrams of exactly what happens and there are no docs on how to read the traces.

You would need to get traces, sniffer traces of a working install, and review them to have a reference of what they should look like.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for taking time out of your work to respond to the one. You know it not great that cisco has become so secretive about how their products work . However can one even beging to support it properly. :-( 

I am ok with the installation of jabber for windows but I have never integrated it with we webex meeting off prem.  Is there like some sort of trial version I could run or something just to get a feel of how everything is weaved together in greater detail?

Serenity,

I am not aware of a trial version being available. Basically off-prem webex is access to a web portal, where you have your organisation's webex user ID's/password and you do all the other admin in there. The Site ID and Partner IDgets populated into the CUPS conference profile/server configuration. so configuration wise it is pretty straightforward.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.