cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Working with CDR, finding out who is making a call

6rmisior
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing some detective work, one of our users is complaining about hangup calls. She is connected to a vg analog phone without a caller id display.

I'm trying to find out who is making these calls.

I created a little SQL script that pulls the records for the CDR database, using the Calldetailrecord table where the originalCalledPartyNumber is the extension of my user. Looking at the times when these hangup calls are happening the callingPartyNumber field in the Calldetailrecord is empty, for all other calls I see the local extension or the external number that initiated the call.

I have two questions regarding that problem:

1. Why is the field empty, is it because the other phone has a caller id blacked or unknown?

2. Is there some other place or a way that I can find out where the call is coming from? (well I know it is coming from the outside because the origDeviceName is one of our outside gateways)

2 Replies 2

john.welsh
Level 5
Level 5

If you're getting caller id for other calls then you can probably say that the field is empty because the caller id is blocked or unknown.

As far as blocking a call coming from the outside I'm not familiar with a way to do this, but I would myself be interested in this if anyone does know a way.

ggerhard
Level 1
Level 1

I had sort of the same issue.

It turned out to be a supervisor disconnect probelem.

We ended up changing from loop start to ground start on our analog lines.

Our problem was users calling in 1st got a auto attendant, if they realized they had the wrong # and hung up the system wasn't getting the disconnect, so the receptionist would get the call, but noone would be on the line (dead air)....

Once we changed to ground start... all ok..