cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime on Nutanix

NETAD
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, does Nutanix support Cisco Prime to be installed as a vm appliance? I'm going through setup but the installation is very short and the gui does not load up. I do have access through the cli. I'm trying with version 3.3. 

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The prime appliance virtualization requirements are posted at:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-3/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_3_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html#con_1070021

I bet you can get it to run on HX ;)

Kirk...

Thanks Kirk, we got it to work on vmware instead. We're using cisco live to monitor our devices through snmp and we'd like to use prime for device backup only. Can we do this without touching the snmp configuration on the network devices?

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Most networking devices don't have SNMP enabled by default.

Depending on work type of devices you are talking about, you may need to have some sort of shell script that reaches out, logs in, and makes your required SNMP changes.

What kind of specific devices are you wanting to monitor with Prime?

Thanks,

Kirk...

Cisco switches and routers mainly. We're not using prime to monitor just yet. We just want to use it for configuration backups. I configured a credential profile with snmpv2 community strings for RO and WR and prime was able to archive the config. For some reason it didn't like snmpv3.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card