Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyperflex 3 node Cluster Maintenance Mode

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a hyperflex (4.0.2b) cluster with 3 nodes running  ESXi 6.7u3 . Cluster is Online and Healthy. In HX connect i tried to put one Node in Maintenance Mode but it failed with this message:

Enter Maintenance Mode
Enter Maintenance Mode: HX Enter Maintenance mode: Multiple enter maintenance mode not allowed in parallel. Another task is in-progress
Parallel tasks check: HX Enter Maintenance mode: Multiple enter maintenance mode not allowed in parallel. Another task is in-progress

I already tried 3 nodes and also i tried put in maintenance from CLI  and also from HX Plugin without Success.

IAny ideas what could be or what i am missing to configure?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like there may be a pending task to go into maintenance mode, that is likely failing or stalled due to some condition (i.e. vmotion issues, guestVM has attached .ISO CD, etc,etc)

Probably need to open a TAC case.

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

I'm in staging phase so i  rebooted everything without success.  Also i manually vmotion VM's to other Hosts.  The only  VM on host is Controller VM.  Could it be a limitation of having only have 3 nodes? 

Thanks.

MC

As long as the HX cluster says it's healthy, with a 3 node cluster, you can manually put one node at a time into maintenance mode.

From vcenter, you can still put any of the esxi hosts into generic vmware maintenance mode

Once you cycle through all 3 (waiting for hx cluster to become healthy once the node is out of maintenance mode, and cluster has gone through 'healing', before moving on to next node), then the hung task may clear.

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

I Tried your suggestion but healing didn't start  and i wait more than 2 hours so i then i tried power off ungraceffully server form UCS  and wait more than two hours and nothing happens ...

Regards,

MC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: