Helpful
Replies

N7K ifindex

edwin.sanjoto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to ask about netflow for N7K.

When I use netflow version 9 in N7K to forward traffic to netflow server, the netflow server detects all interfaces in N7K with ifindex.

I can mapping the ifindex interface in netflow server with command "show interface snmp-ifindex" in N7K.

But, If I use netflow version 5 in N7K to forward traffic to netflow server, the netflow server detects all interfaces int N7K with different ifindex format with version 9. So, I can't mapping the ifindex interface in netflow server.

Does anyone know how to map ifindex interface in N7K with netflow version 5?

Thank you so much.

1 Reply 1

Cisco  Tac recommendations if to use V9 flow instead of V5 flow. Please look into the URL decribes in more details Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Flexible Netflow.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/system_management/configuration/guide/sm_nx_os_cg/sm_15netflow.html#wp1091076

as mentioned : “The Netflow.InputInterface and Netflow.OutputInterface represent a 16-bit I/O descriptor (IOD) of the interface.”

N7K uses 32 bit ifIndex values. Netflow V5 export only supports 16 bit ifIndexes; therefore, We cannot send all 32 bits. In this case, we do send a 16 bit number; however, you cannot use snmp to get the ifIndex to Interface Name mapping on a 1-1 basis.

Please try the command "show system internal im info global" instead of show interface snmp-ifindex, that should give you better view I believe for the if indexes with V5.