cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7009 & Fabric Extender N2K-C2248TP-1GE

Tabish Mirza
Level 1
Level 1

We have a pair of Nexus 7009 running image 6.2(2a) & two fabric extender N2K-C2248TP-1GE. I want to know that how can I connect them with Nexus 7009?. Can I connect them like below.

As per (Design and Configuration Guide:Best Practices for Virtual Port Channels (vPC) on Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches) page # 104. It is not supported & the best why to connect them like below.

Please advise.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Tabish,

I don't see the diagrams in your post and so I'm taking an educated guess at what you're asking.

If you want to connect FEX in an active/active (dual homed) topology, then that is not currently supported on the Nexus 7000 series switches.

The reasons are documented in the forum posts Dual Homing 2248TP-E to N7K's? and Nexus 7000 and 2000. Is FEX supported with vPC?

Please let us know whether this is the information you were after and whether it answers your question. If so then please mark the question as answered as this helps others using the community to find the answers they are after.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Tabish,

I don't see the diagrams in your post and so I'm taking an educated guess at what you're asking.

If you want to connect FEX in an active/active (dual homed) topology, then that is not currently supported on the Nexus 7000 series switches.

The reasons are documented in the forum posts Dual Homing 2248TP-E to N7K's? and Nexus 7000 and 2000. Is FEX supported with vPC?

Please let us know whether this is the information you were after and whether it answers your question. If so then please mark the question as answered as this helps others using the community to find the answers they are after.

Regards

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response. It is quite clear.

Moreover, I appreciate, if you can help me to answer my other post ( https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4084225#4084225 ) as well.

Many thanks indeed once again.

Thanks