Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OTV Issue using ASR Routers

We are trying to stand up OTV between two Data Centers DC1 and DC2.  We are using ASR routers to build the OTV tunnel between the sites and HSRP within the data centers.  According to documentation the ASR router by default should filter HSRP traffic over the OTV tunnel.  I am able to see the access list that was created by default and we are showing matches.  However when we bring up an SVI interface in DC2 for one of the extended VLANs we begin getting connectivity issues to resources in DC1 within that VLAN.  I notice that resources in DC1 are now using the HSRP virtual interface in DC2 for their gateway.  On the ASR routers when I issue the show OTV route command I see that the DC1 ASR is learning about the DC2 HSRP virtual mac and the DC2 ASR is learning the DC1 HSRP virtual mac.  Even if it says HSRP is suppose to be filtered do we still need to put a mac filter in place using the ASR routers?  Should the ASR router learn about the HSRP virtual gateway mac from the remote DC?

1 Reply 1

avang2004
Level 1
Level 1

You need FHRP isolation and GARP isolation.

see Figure 1-32 then jump down to the "Configuring FHRP Isolation"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/DCI/whitepaper/DCI3_OTV_Intro/DCI_1.html#wp1186090

Can you post your config