Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Otv on isr 4451

Hello experts ,

can someone please answer the below queries regarding  otv on isr 4451 

1.Does it support multiple internal interface?

2.Does it support vlan translation over the otv tunnel 

thanks in advance

Harish B 

6 Replies 6

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
1.Does it support multiple internal interface? YES

2.Does it support vlan translation over the otv tunnel? Doesn't look that feature is supported according to the configuration document as it is in the ASR series. From what I can see you configure it the same way as in the Nexus switch line.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/wan_otv/configuration/xe-3s/wan-otv-xe-3s-book/wan-otv-confg.html

Thanks for your reply. yes that is where I too got confused. I have tried in in ASR and CSR which works fine but not sure about 4451 and none of the document gives proper direction as well

I believe this could only be answered by someone in Cisco. I wonder if in Virl you can set this up.

Hi there,

I 'm hooking to this discussion, as I am also considering OTV on ISR 4451-X.

I alrealdy have those routeurs, I am only missing the appx licence, but doing researching, I noticed throughtput limitation to 100mb/s according to this datasheet:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-732542.html

This is a no go for me; I need gigabits throughput.

Did you tried it already ? Can you confirm the throughput limitation ?

Thanks,
Vincent

Hmm, that is interesting not sure what that is referring to.

Hybrid Cloud Connectivity: LISP, OTV5 (for bandwidth less than 100 Mbps), Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS), Ethernet over MPLS.

Asked when of my friends at Cisco

I confirmed that the bandwidth that OTV will be is 100Mbps. If you need a higher bandwidth you’ll need to move to and ASR series router.