cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Thermal Shutdown

bhatok
Level 1
Level 1

Will a 3750 switch automatically shutdown once it reaches a certain temperature threshold?

Thanks,

Brandon

4 Replies 4

Hello,

I think not only the 3750, but all Cisco devices will undergo a thermal-induced shutdown when the maximum operating temperature is exceeded. If you suspect that this could be happening, you might want to monitor the temperature of the 3750, using e,g, the 'snmp-server traps enable temperature' command...

HTH,

GP

can you confirm if it reaches max temp then the switch will burn or not? in my case we have 3750X

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

In addition to GPs post i would say that extreme temp conditions may result in damaging ur line cards or even the chasis which may start malfunctioning after that..

As a practive measure you can chek up the logs rgularly to know/verify any errors related to the temperature conditions on the site..

u will have logs trigger on the temp conditions of ur chasis..

we had seen enough sup card damages coz of the extreme temp conditions...

regds

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good question and I'm unsure, as even the -X is an EoL model (I believe), documentation for such a feature may no longer be on-hand.

Have you tried searching Cisco's main site?

BTW, I cannot even remember whether the -X has variable speed fans based on interior temperature.