cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5k to 9k migration procedure

T_tow
Level 1
Level 1

We will be migrating a pair of 5ks and FEXs to a pair of 9ks and FEXs.  Is there any good documentation I could refer to before tackling this?  I have the gist I guess but just want to make sure everything is correct before the migration.  The 9ks have already been set up with a few new things so I'm wondering what I should make sure has been migrated.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both are Nexus code, so its easy to migrate. until other wise you have any specific config like unified ports configured.

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ok sounds good. The 9k actually already has other things on it I will just be adding the 5k and it's FEX to the 9k and it's FEX.

One more quick question.  I migrated some back up cables over to the 9k with switchport access.  The ports are showing up but when I do a show int brief the ports are showing as Eth103/1/36 vlan 3024 access down inactive.  Shouldn't this interface be up or is it down because it's a backup cable?

Since we do not know your topo, every physical device you migrate to new environment they should come up as port. either it is active or standby interface of windows/any device.

you can not have 2 legs, one in nexus 5K and 1 in nexus 9K, until you have designed properly.

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So basically when I migrate I can do a straight copy paste from the 5k to the 9k?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card