cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509/sup730 Storm-control vs interface speed

robetrem
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody confirm if we really need to specify the speed under a Gigabit interface (ws-x6748-tx) if we want to activate the Storm-Control feature. Without the speed fixed we received sometime the following message :

"need speed to config thisro_rtp_traffic_threshold: in auto-neg"

That message is not appearing all the time and it is not prefix by any message-id. The message is however very explicit evenif the command reference to speak about that requirements.

4 Replies 4

ybajpai
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please copy paste the exact message that you get on your console? Also, please attach/paste the following to begin with:

show ver

show mod

(catos) show port capabilities mod/port

(IOS) show int mod/port capabilities

Here it is ...

Looked through the source code and found that this message is a driver message. Are you trying to configure storm control on a not connected interface? If so can you try it on a connected interface and see if you see the same message? Either way, I suggest that you open a TAC case since Development might need to be contacted. Email me the TAC case number when you have it(prkrishn@cisco.com)

Oups sorry about that but those messages are happening like you had suspected on "not connected interface". For Connected Interface no message is issued. I think I need some holidays !!.

Thanks robert