Views
Helpful
Replies

basic setup Help!

xtech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have gone through the setup and configured the fe0 as 192.168.1.1/24, and my PC as 192.168.1.2/24. I can ping both myself and the router from my PC. I can get into the router over the fe0 connection. Once into the router I cannot ping my PC, and I cannot get the TFTP to copy a file to my PC. I am attaching the config.HELP!!! I have disabled my XP firewall. Thankyouverymuch

5 Replies 5

smif101
Level 4
Level 4

Are you sure you don't have like norton or mcaffe firewall setup on your machine, your config looks fine.

no other firewalls. Using XP Pro SP2 with its firewall disabled. I cannot figure out why I can get into the router using hyperterm. I can ping it from my PC, but cannot ping my PC from the router...I have checked ip settings, gateways, it is pretty simple - my pc, the router, and a little hub. Does the router need a gateway at this point? I have not configured the serial interfaces.. only the 1 ethernet. Thanks -

hello,

you do not need any gateway. its a direct connection through the LAN. if you want, u can try putting a direct cross cable and try pinging the PC, instead of going through a hub. anyway, try using some other laptop or PC. i have had this problem, and it normally works with another laptop.... are u getting the correct arp on the router of the laptop ?

Raj

It seems to be the XP box, I switched over to a 2000 and it works fine. Thanks

hello xtech,

can you please mark the case as solved so that it might be of help to somebody else ? rate replies if found useful.

Raj

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card