Views
Helpful
Replies

BRI configuration on WIC2A/S port

jssekhar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a situation where in a customer has WIC2A/S port on the routers - 1700 series. The requirement is such that I have to use these ports as ISDN BRI dialback up , as there are no spare slots for BRI ports.

Can anyone help me how to achieve this? Is there any Cisco document that helps in this configuration? I need help in the connectivity of external TA/NT and the configuration to be done on the router/TA. In India, regular BRI ports are balanced ports i.e S/T interface.

Any little pointers and solution is welcome.

Rgds,

Sekhar J S

6 Replies 6

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the link which has everything docmented what you are looking for.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/adtran_ta.html

Tejal

Dear Tejal,

I am trying the same on wic-2a/s ports and in combination with D-Link TA(model:DMI-128ESU).

I am unable to carry out v.25 bis dialling option. I am using CAB-RS232MTE cable with DB25(Female) to DB9(male) converter and DB9(Female) to DB9(Female) cable to connect to the router.

I also tried the dialer dtr option with configuring the dialer strings on the TA.

Can you please help me on this issue.

Best REgards,

N.S.Ravishankar

I imagine there may be cabling issues; I'm not sure what the CAB-RS232MTE is, as well as the convertor cables, but there is a good chance that the TA is not seeing DTR correctly. Your best bet is to use the correct cable for the WIC: CAB-SS-232MT.

nsravi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to highlight the exact scenario... cisco 1751-V(wic-2a/s) | router is connected to TA through the following cables...cab-ss-rs232mte to 25pin(female) to 9 pin(female) converter ----> 9 pin(female) to 9 pin(female) to TA D-Link ISDN TA(DMI-128ESU) | NT1 | ISDN BRI | NT1 | D-Link ISDN TA(DMI-128ESU) |router is connected to TA through the following cables...cab-ss-rs232mte to 25pin(female) to 9 pin(female) converter ----> 9 pin(female) to 9 pin(female) to TA Cisco 1751-V(wic 2A/S)

I am unable to dial out or dial in, Tested for v.25 bis and dialer dtr configurations. for v.25 bis dialling, do we need to connect a different type of cables? Need your help in this matter.

Best Regards,

N.S.Ravishankar

With V.25bis dialing, the dial commands are exchanged between the two devices using simply V.25bis commands. With DTR dialing, the router simply raises DTR to signal the TA that dialing should occur. If you are not able to dial with either solution, it may mean that the TA is not configured correctly, or that the cabling is incorrect and either the V.25bis commands nor the DTR signal is making it to the TA correctly. To remove this as being an option, I would suggest you check the cabling, to see that the convertor cable is correctly delivering the signals (for example you should be able to see that DTR goes from low to high when you try to dial out with DTR dialing). The fact that you cannot dialin leads me to suspect the TA config, though; it should be able to answer the call, regardless of whether or not negotiation is successful.

I don't have any suggestions on the TA config.

Hi,

Can you elaborate on the v.25 bis dialling.

Understand from the TA manual that the protocols supported are V.110, V.120, PPP 64k, MP-PPP 128K,X.75, X.25 on D, Soft-Fax, Channel Bundling, BACP/BOD.

Regards,

ravishankar

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card