Views
Helpful
Replies

c897vaw 5ghz wifi

mspant
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

i have some problems with my c897vaw vdsl router.

1. All clients that are connected with 5ghz wifi have network/internet access for a few seconds, 

then they stay connected to wifi but they are unable to access anything to local lan or internet.

Whenever i change channel to dfs or any other frequency the have network access for a few seconds.

In 2.4 GHz they have no problem.

Which debug commands should i execute (router and/or access point) in order to collect the logs ?

2. vdsl line wont sync anymore after tha last rain storm,
my old backup 887vaw syncs just fine . I changed ios image and firmware but nothing changed. No sync

3. and last while i reload i get the message "Feb 6 10:36:57.000: %MAINBOARD-3-RTC_BATTERY_FAILURE: Real Time Clock (RTC) oscillator problem detected, possibly caused by RTC battery failure"
the battery is soldered to mainboard, can i somehow change it ?

thank you in advance,

Manos

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what clients ? what IOS code running on it ?

%MAINBOARD-3-RTC_BATTERY_FAILURE: Real Time Clock (RTC) oscillator problem detected, possibly caused by RTC battery failure"

Not sure never replaced myself you can try open and check:

below installation guide may help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/800/hardware/installation/guide/800HIG.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

clients are windows 10, and android devices

ios version c800-universalk9-mz.SPA.158-3.M9.bin

mspant
Level 1
Level 1

and for ap802 the ios i use is ap802-k9w7-tar.153-3.JC5.tar

when ever you change wireless settings, sometime clients discconnected that is normal

but if the wireless connected and you can not access Internet (are you able to ping gateway ? what is also not working ?)

what logs you see on the device when you disconnected the device. make sure you configure logging to get logs.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

mspant
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

i attached router's and access point running config and the debug from access point while trying to connect to 5ghz wifi