cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can ANIServer be restarted?

closey
Level 1
Level 1

I modified the ANI Server Admin->Performance Settings and it required to restart ANIServer for thoses changes to take effect. I first stop the ANI Server process and then start the ANIServer process with the Process Management .But after a few miniutes when I view process status, it always says:"administrator has shut down the server." I restarted the system and it doesn't work.

It once happened some days ago and I had to reinstall the ciscoworks2000 server and some applications.Now it happened again,I wanted to know the cause and some possible resolve methods.Thanks very much!

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Try doing a stop/start of ANI from CLI. Also did you get any errors during the install?

During the install,I didn't get any error,but get some warnings:"

WARNING: This system does not have patch 105529-07 installed.

WARNING: This patch is required for running Sybase on Solaris 2.6.

WARNING: Please install this patch."

Because I think I won't need the Sybase,so I didn't install the patch,Do you think I must install the patch?

And I tried to stop/start the ANI from CLI,I tried to run /opt /CSCOpx /bin/ani stop/start,the error:"ERROR[./ani]: NMSROOT not found in environment; aborting."appears, Was the command I used wrong?

You're using the wrong CLI command. Use /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop/start. CW2K does use Sybase as it's db, so you should install the required patches.

I use the /etc/init.d/dmgtd kill/start, but it didn't work, the ANI Server can't be restarted yet! Does it result from lack of required patches?I wanted to know where I can get the patches.Thanks!

We don't supply any SUN OS patches. You need to search sun.com for it. Lastly, if nothing else works, you may want to open up TAC case for further troublehooting.