Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3550 Switch and a 3Com Hub

tholder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Catalyst 3550 Series Switch plugged into a 3Com hub with other hubs and workstations plugged into that, and a single workstation plugged directly into the switch. The single workstation cannot view the other workstations, and vica versa. Can someone help me configure the switch so everyone connected to the hubs can see the other workstation? Please respond or e-mail me at tholder@prodril.com Thanks a lot.

4 Replies 4

jkemery
Level 1
Level 1

Get rid of the hubs and use only Cisco Switches then you will find tranquility in your network.

I will eventually be getting rid of the switches, but the office is in the process of moving and rearranging so the switches are on hold for a month or two. I just need to get this up and running as a temporary solution.

from what you explain it looks like you need a cross-over cable for the connection between your switch and the hub...before you do this, connect the pc to the hub directly and ensure that the nic, ip addresses etc are all fine..

You need to make sure that you use the cross-over port on the hub or a cross-over cable, so far for the physical connection on the switch port you want to make sure it is setup to run 10Mb half duplex only. Do not leave it at AUTO.

Regards, Maarten Sjouw.