Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works for Win 6.0 - Package support updater problem

lmalaguti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I' have a cisco works for windows v6.0 installed on a windows nt 4.0 server (sp6a). I find a problem: I'm unable to check the cco for automatic update of the cisco view packages. All settings all well configured (cco login, proxy..) but when i looking for new packages release trhought cco connection it's return me no available upgrade. This is not true becouse if i go to the software center under the cisco view software update, i can see a lot of available packages.

What can be the problems?

Many thank in advance.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

CV Automatic update will only show the packages for which there are new versions available on CCO. When you select 'Add Packages' in CV, what option are you selecting in the 'Select upgrade policy' screen?. There are three listed.For example, if I select 'Upgrade packages based on what is currently installed', I then see that CV shows me that there's a new version of the nmidb available and it shows it there.

Alternately, you can manually download the device packages and update them using the Package Support Updater using the instructions at:

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/library/cvplanner/Install_zip.shtml

I try all the three option always with the same rusult, it's not possible that CV doesn't find anythings because is a new istallation of CV and tha package istalled are older than the package present on the site.