cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Database -

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

I see how to go into the dbreader by logging in with admin rights, accessing http://works.noc.dc.gov:1741/dbreader/dbreader.html, logging in as dba, putting the password in and going to the RME db. Does anyone know how to be able to copy this database out and be able to read it any other ways?

1 Reply 1

krozier
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Rob,

I am able to access CiscoWorks databases using Vbscript running on the CiscoWorks Server. During the installation, CW installs ODBC System DSN's on the server (ani,rme and cmf). A program can use these DSN to create database connections. The script that I am using creates an ODBC connection to the ani database and displays the number of records in the wbuc3750module table. For me to get this to work, I had to change the ani dsn to supply the login credentials. I am sure someone with more ODBC experience than I could figure out how to change the connection string to make the connection successful without the change to the System DSN. I am including VERY simple sample code I used to make the connection. I am working on getting the ODBC System DSN's configured so that I run this from a machine other than the CiscoWorks server.

Hope this gives you a start!

Vote if this helps you.

Kersean Rozier