cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks SNMP device membership.

dave.barber
Level 1
Level 1

I understand how to add a new device to CiscoWorks. I am having trouble getting the device symbol to show up when I go to my network topology map. The IP address or the DNS name show up and everything works for managing the device. I am adding a Cisco wireless access point and the device shows up as a green SNMP square. How do I get the access point symbol to show up? Does this have something to do with membership? There are other AP's on my network and they are part of the Aironet membership group. How do I get the the new access point to join this group?

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Make sure that you're using the latest version of Campus Manager and the latest IDU is installed for it as well, so that it can add support for the devices that you're trying to discover. If you move your mouse over the AP icon and it shows it as a generic sysObjectID instead of the device model, then it's a device support issue and the latest IDU with CM3.3 should correct it.

When I move my mouse over the green box with the question mark it shows CiscoProducts.552. I have many other AP-350's on my network. This box with the ? showed up after upgrading the code from VXware to IOS.

After upgrading from VXware to IOS you have to delete the device out of RME and rediscover it.

OK...I tried deleting out of RME and then went to my topology map and deleted there also. I then re-discovered and the device came back the same. Question mark in a green box but dns and IP were correct.

Which model Cisco AP are you having problems with? Did you ensure you have the most current IDU loaded?