cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copying files to TFTP server using SNMP on Cat 2924-XL IOS12.0(5.2)XU

ns
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to copy files to a TFTP server using SNMP on the 2924-XL Cat switches, I have run into a wall searching on cisco.com. I know that it is possible for devices running 12.0 using the CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB but in every document related to copying the configs to tftp using SNMP it is mentioned that it is not applicable to the 2900/3500-XL series switches.

If it isn't possible with SNMP what other possiblities are there?

Thanks,

Niels

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

There are a few tech tips at: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/index.html which uses the old deprecated mibs. See if that helps. XL switches do not support the CONFIG-COPY MIB currently.

aterhorst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Niels,

With the command "copy tftp" (where could be for example flash:config.text or running-config.) you can copy to a TFTP-server. If youre TFTP server is an Unix host, the filename should exist and match, otherwhise you'll get a writing error.

regards,

Alexander

Thanks Alexander,

The thing is you can do this with SNMP on the 7500 and automate it without having to do it manually. But I haven't been able to find any info on how to do this via SNMP on the 2900-XL series switches. We've solved this with a script using the expect programming tool, thus not using SNMP. With this we are executing each comando as you would do manually typing every command.

Cheers,

Niels

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card