cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM and QPM Inventories ?

dumlutimuralp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody. I need a fast response on this one if you dont mind :) As my previous message.I installed LMS on a server, RWAN on another server, ITEM on another server and QPM module on another server. In total I have 4 servers. The main problem is importing iventories among these servers. Cause everything went great with LMS server. It has campu manager and of course ani server on it. It discovered the entire network and updated RME inventory itself. However I couldnt make RWAN server discover anything cause we arent planning on installing campus manager on it (so there wont be another ANI server on the network) , therefore I performed a manual import from remote LMS server via a test.csv inventory file. Then it came to ITEM. We installed DFM 1.2.3 and VHM 1.1 on that server. And of course the same problem arise how are we gonna import an inventory to DFM. We could manuall add copule of devices on it. However we have around 100 devices on the network. So do we have to install RME on every other server in order to make this work ? Cos it doesnt make an sense ? Since Cisco sells these products as bundles and since RME doesnt come with ITEM ? If someone could please send me a reply or his/her opinion , I really really appreciate it.

2 Replies 2

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

I hope this applies to you, it works for us: In QPM (V3, yes?) the Devices | Add Device dialog has an option to "Import from RME" in which you define the RME server's IP/name, port (probably 1741) and username/password. QPM goes and gets it from RME. I do this because I have QPM on a Windows server and my RWAN/LMS stuff on Solaris. HTH

Soon after my message I did the exact same things on QPM and it worked great . But still DFM makes me crazy. How come I have to import every other device manually on DFM. They should have put the same import interface as they did on QPM. Still doesnt make sense...