cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

how do I clear a route that eigrp has generated ?

7 Replies 7

JonathanUK
Level 3
Level 3

Example below

#router eigrp 20

no network 172.16.0.0

then to add a different network in its place

#router eigrp 20

network 172.18.0.0

Hope that helps if does rate.

Thanks

Jonathan

I mean one that its picked up from another router, I.e a dynamically learned route ?

You could put in a static route. The static has a lower administrative distance (or should) and will take precedence over the dynamic route.

Good Luck

Scott

I think we need to understand where Carl is going with his question. Why is he wanting to clear a route that is learned from a neighbor? As long as the neighbor is still valid and still advertising the route, anything we might do like clear ip route will not be effective because the route is still being advertised and will be put back into the table.

If we really want the route to go away I think the best thing to do would be to configure a distribute list and apply it so that the particular route was filtered out. If the distribute list filters out the route it will be removed from the topology table and from the routing table.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

how would I filter out the 10.45.74.0 network for example ?

Carl

This is a 2 step process: first you create a standard access list (can be numbered or named access list) which specifies what is denied and what is permitted and second you assign the access list in the distribute list under the routing protocol.

So assuming that you are running eigrp 55 and the neighbor who is advertising 10.45.74.0 is on interface FastEthernet 0/0 the configuration might look something like this:

ip access-list standard deny_routes

deny 10.45.74.0

permit any

router eigrp 55

distribute-list deny_routes in FastEthernet0/0

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Just for reference.... There is a command to clear eigrp topology table entries. It's hidden, and used only in some very specific troubleshooting situations, but it is there.

clear ip eigrp topo

I think is the correct syntax. There's no option to use "*" and clear all the routes. What this does, effectively, is force the route into active state, locally, which means the router on which it's run will send out a query to all of its neighbors for the rotue. If any neighbors have the route, they will reply, and the route will be reinstalled.

:-)

Russ.W