cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Experiencing Error in 2900XL series

aunet
Level 1
Level 1

I have a big problem with 2924XL-EN. Many of them show Experiencing Error on ports (like this: %LINK-4-ERROR: FastEthernet0/1 is experiencing errors). I found that before that port will be experiencing errors, it can use normally until it shows "up-down link" many times and after that it cannot use.

I have to send them back to Cisco for changing a new one but I don't want to do like this. Are there any methods to solve this problem? Are there any commands to clear experiencing errors ports?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

jwitherell
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same thing on a 3524XL, it was a duplex mismatch on the port. If you're autonegotiating, try to fix it at a speed/duplex. If it's already fixed, you may want to try the other duplex setting. Another thing to try is to update the driver on the end station to see if it fixes any autonegotiation problems.

Just for grins, you may want to upgrade the IOS on the switch to see if that does anything for you...

Last thing to try is to swap the cables between the failing port and a known good port (make sure both are configured the same). If the error follows the cable, then suspect the end station. If it stays with the port, then the switch port is bad...

If the port is bad already, don't have any idea to changed it back to be a good port? I mean some command to clear the port.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card