cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Full redundancy, 1 ip address per router (two router interfaces 1 IP)

rpulley
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create redundant cores, the problem I am having is with my VOIP routers.  I would like to have each router physically connected to each core while having only 1 IP address.  My testing will be to alternately shutdown 1 core switch at a time. 

So far, the only thing I can think of doing is a bridge-group on the Ethernet interfaces, but nothing else comes to mind.   Any help on thinking of an alternant solution would be greatly appreciated.

1 routerip.jpg

Thanks, Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I had a customer ask me this same question at the Cisco Live design clinic a couple years ago.  After hashing through other possibilities, we decided that the bridge-group configuration is the way to go.  Then you can put your one IP address on the BVI interface.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I had a customer ask me this same question at the Cisco Live design clinic a couple years ago.  After hashing through other possibilities, we decided that the bridge-group configuration is the way to go.  Then you can put your one IP address on the BVI interface.

Thanks for your input; it was the best I could come up with too.  Not to say there is anything wrong with doing bridge-group if thats the only way.  I was just hoping there was some new Cisco advancement that could do a better job then an 18 year old command.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card