Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-4ESW

amansoi_5
Level 1
Level 1

Sir,

I want to configure intervlan routing(iwant to create 2-3 vlans and then connect 4 PC on this card ) on HWIC-4ESW . Does this card support ?

regds,

aman

5 Replies 5

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Inter-vlan routing traffic from the ESW will be routed through the host Router on which the ESW is installed.

Have a look at this URL,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804554c7.html#wp1027129

Hope this helps.

-VJ

Dear Vijay,

what u are trying to say is that this card does not support layer-3 functionality..?

I can configure vlan on 4 ethernet ports available (by using switchport access vlan number command) & for intervlan routing I need to create sub-interfaces on router fastethernet port .

Pls. confirm ..

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Yes. You are correct.

HTH

-VJ

That is correct the card will support layer 3 operation thru the router , just create a SVI and apply the layer 2 vlan to the switchport . First create the layer 2 vlan in the vlan database. I am not sure if you can then do a subinterface on another router interface and have them in the same vlan , almost think that might be unsupported maybe someone can chime in .

Sir,

Just one more question , can we enter two or more IP of different networks on HWIC-4ESW ?

If not, is there any limitation ..?

regds,

aman

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card