cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there such a thing as a WIC-1E or WIC-1DSU-E1?

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

I am working on a design for a customer, who is openeing a new sales office in Austria. I am used to using WIC-1DSU-T1 and WIC-1T's for T1 connectivity. What about for E1's?

Thanks,

Tim Medley

Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

3 Replies 3

ejgonzalesiii
Level 1
Level 1

No there is no such thing as a wic-1dsu-e1 or a wic-1e. But you can use a wic-1t with an E1. An E1 is 1.984 Mbps while the wic-1t supports up to 2.048 Mbps. The wic-1t is just a serial interface which means you will need an external CSU/DSU to support the E1. If you have either a 2600 or 3600 series router you can use a vwic-1mft-t1 but you may be buying something that you don't need.

Regards,

Henry

Thanks for the information.

Could I use the wic-1-dsu-t1, with an e1? Or is the DSU an issue? I'd rather use the integrated dsu than an external one with a wic-1t.

I know about the wic-1-mft-t1 and wic-1-mft-e1, i bit overkill for what my needs are (not to mention the price difference.

Thanks,

Tim Medley CCNP+Voice

Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

Typically in Europe, the PTT provides a serial interface - many times an X.21 connection. If that is the case then just use the WIC-1T and get the X.21 to HD-60 male DTE cable.

If they are not providing a serial interface then they could provide a G.703 unstructured interface and you could use:

VWIC-1MFT-G703

Or for G.704 structured you would use NM-1CE1B or NM-1CE1U.

This of course depends on which platform you are going to use as well.